Chief Operations Officer
The Chief Operations Officer provides leadership for all aspects of the company’s operations with an emphasis on long-term goals, growth, profit, and return on investment.
We are looking to hire a visionary COO to oversee our company’s operational processes, and to ensure a superb customer experience, excellent product, and high organizational performance. The COO will optimize our company's operating capabilities, employ strategies to maximize customer satisfaction, and manage marketing initiatives. The COO will assist in compiling the company's budget and employ strategies to safeguard assets and stock. You will compile financial reports, and control financial policies and procedures. You will team up with management to implement business strategies.
To ensure success you should have a clear understanding of our company’s core values and culture. Top candidates will be exemplary leaders, have superb business acumen, and have a sound understanding of business strategies.
- Develops commercial strategies for the implementation of key initiatives for organizational growth and efficiency.
- Promotes communication and cooperation among divisions to create a spirit of unity in the organization.
- Works with the board of directors and other executives to establish short-term objectives and long-range goals, and related plans and policies.
- Presents regular reports on the status of the company’s operations to the board of directors and to Chief executive officer.
- Reviews the financial results of all operations, comparing them with the company’s objectives and taking appropriate measures to correct unsatisfactory performance and results.
- Ensures the company’s compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- Performs other related duties to benefit the mission of the organization.
- Builds and maintains relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Operations management, lead day to day operations, managing the ops team, building, and improving upon processes
- Identify operational bottlenecks and build scalable solutions that drive our growth and improve overall business performance
- Lead in operational and growth strategy development to improve the organization’s performance.
- Develop a growth roadmap and framework for the organization and build the necessary systems for implementation
- Assist in restructuring and culture development within the organization
- Assist in the design of operational procedures and processes for efficient implementation and meeting customer goals
- Will be responsible for setting up operations in other key markets and activating engagement and participation of stakeholder in these key markets
- Will assist in developing operational financial strategies with the CFO.
- Will ensure that the right project management functions among the entire organization is improved
- Work closely with CFO to determine resource allocation
- Partner with the CFO to achieve favorable financial results with respect to sales, profitability, cash flow, mergers and acquisitions, systems, reporting and controls.
- Drive company results from both an operational and financial perspective by working closely with CFO, COO, CEO, and other key executive team members
- Accurate and timely results outlining the operational condition of the company
- Extensive professional work experience. (5-7 years)
- Education: MBA, PMP or MSC in Business Management, Project management, Agriculture, or relevant field
- Extensive experience leading Kaizen, Six Sigma, and Lean manufacturing initiatives in full scale manufacturing environments. Certifications a plus.
- Management consulting experience in similar industries helpful
- Ability to work effectively in across Africa at all organizational levels
- Strong project management skills, coordinating all aspects of the business with particular emphasis on operations
- Experience delivering high profile projects in informal environments to successful completion
- Strong communication, both oral and written and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent managerial and financial skills and the ability to take leadership over any business operations area.
- Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate as a leader.
- Thorough understanding of management and operational practices in all areas and phases of business operations.
- Hands-on, results-oriented leader with a proven track record of successfully developing people and teams to their fullest potential.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- High degree of analytical skills, initiative, creativity, and problem-solving ability.
- A sense of urgency in driving projects and desire to set ambitious goals and work aggressively to meet project schedules, utilizing the latest project management tools and techniques.
Mode of Application
Apply on our website or Send your application to email@example.com
Use “Chief Operations Officer” as the subject of your email. Add a cover email to the body of your email and attach a cover letter.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.