The Operations manager provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that Complete Farmer has proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the company, manage the company’s farms at scale and ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The Operations Manager will be a member of the senior management team.
- Oversee and direct the entire operations division of the company
- Ensure proper management of resources, distribution of good and services to customers, off-takers and supply chain
- Devises plans of action with explicit paths and measures of accomplishment for self-and/or others and allocates suitable resources so that objectives are achieved.
- Provide leadership in achieving profit objectives
- Supervise the establishment and implementation of service and quality standards of farm process.
- Work with farm operations team to develop efficient farm protocols
- Design end-to-end roadmap for entire farm supply chain, efficiently integrating 3rd party vendors and partners.
- Certify that appropriate internal systems, policies, procedures and controls are in place to ensure efficient and cost effective operations
- Maintain consistent and effective communication with the Chief Executive Officer, implementing his or her directives
- Advise and support senior management team with financial planning, budgeting, and decision making.
- At least 5 years in experience in operations, administration or any other similar leadership roles.
- Understanding of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Experience in the use of operational software and Excel.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all own work role specific issues. This encompasses the technical skills or knowledge required to perform the essential duties as described in this Job Description. Specific technical competencies: agricultural supply chain management, quantitative analytical skills including use of appropriate software, results-based management systems, designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness. Ability to maintain a timely and efficient work flow.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and use resources (people and/or finance and/or physical assets) so that objectives are achieved in the most effective manner possible.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to represent Complete Farmer externally at high levels. Demonstrates ability to maintain lasting, healthy, and effective one-to-one working relationships with colleagues, suppliers, customers, professional peers, etc.
- Demonstrate productive drive in working with peers, partners, consultants and others to achieve pre-targeted and measurable business results
Qualifications and Education Requirements
BSc/MBA/MSC in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Agribusiness management or related field. 5 years experience in active related operational role.