CF Staff Writes Episode 12
Randy Opoku Barimah
Do you have a favorite website that you find aesthetically pleasing and enjoy the fluidity with which the features blend? A UI/UX designer's job is to provide that experience. Make sure that your website stands out in terms of functionality, experience, interaction, and a variety of other factors.
Gideon is a UI/UX designer at Complete Farmer. His creativity and design skills have been one of the defining results of the Complete Farmer website, where user experience is second to none.
Gideon Piesie, UI/UX Designer at Complete Farmer
This week on Cf staff writes, we spoke with Gideon about some of the personal aspects of his life, how he goes about his work, and how Complete Farmer has been a career-defining development.
- When did you start working with Complete Farmer
January this year
- What do you like most about working at Complete Farmer so far?
The fact that we have a very young, energetic and creative staff
- Can you tell me an interesting fact about yourself?
When I face any difficult challenge I become overwhelmed but also excited
- If you were attending a cocktail dinner how would you explain your role at Complete Farmer?
I design products for people to use on their phones, tablets and PCs
- What inspired you to become a UI/UX Designer?
Building something from scratch and bringing it into existence
- What has been one major accomplishment for you as a UI/UX Designer?
People using a few of the products I designed
- Of all the design projects you’ve worked on at Complete Farmer, which has been your favourite and why?
My favorite is the Grower product. Because, I believe that the features in this product will help farmers improve their yield, make more profits and reduce wastage hence preventing food insecurity.
- What’s a typical day in the life of a graphic designer at Complete Farmer like?
Staring at screens, thinking deeply, sketching and doing all these while listening to music with my earphone
- What do you do at your leisure or when you’re not working?
I play games on my phone and also listen to stand up comedy on Facebook and Youtube
- In your opinion, what do you think is the link or connection between agriculture and UI/UX design?
As a UIUX designer, I believe that there are better ways of doing things to improve the lives of people and I believe that there are a lot of things in agriculture that could be done to improve the lives of the people in it.
- What is the one thing you think every aspiring UI/UX Designer should know about the role?
They should know that aesthetics is an important part of design, but it’s not the only one. Here is what design is all about: making things better than they were before.
As a user, the defining moment in your experience on any website is the content you desire, and how the functionalities on the website blend well to provide this experience. This is the underlining fuel to Gideon’s handiwork on the Complete Farmer website.