We are looking for an experienced and talented IoT/Embedded Systems Engineer to join our tech team. In this role, the IoT Embedded Engineer will be involved with both the development of new designs and the evolution of current design & devices. Primarily, the IoT Systems Engineer will both architect electrical circuits and develop firmware for both control and for measuring sensor data. The candidate must have a strong knowledge of analog and digital design, including a broad background in microcontroller based systems and IoT systems.
- Responsible for circuit design and PCB layout at the schematic level.
- Select electronic components sensors, etc., paying attention to product requirements and quality.
- Prototype through the use of Raspberry Pi or Arduino or job specific microcontrollers.
- Utilize electrical test equipment including Oscilloscopes, Digital Meters, and power supplies.
- Design and build farm embedded systems to capture of weather, crop, and soil data
- Manage existing IoT infrastructure.
- Design, build, deploy and manage embedded systems targeted at improving farm and operational efficiency
- Manage, maintain and upgrade vertical hydroponic farm related IoT systems.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- At least 5 years experience in Python and C/C++
- Experience with embedded development (e.g., MQTT, I2C, UART, or MODBUS);
- Experience with encryption, security, and networking concepts;
- Experience and comfort with lab tools such as debuggers, logic analyzers, and oscilloscopes;
- Familiarity with assembly language and reading sensor data sheets;
- Ability to effectively IoT system in low internet penetration zones.
- Experience with prototyping through the use of Raspberry Pi or Arduino;
- Must be familiar with mechanical, electrical and computer engineering principles
- Experience with schematic/PCB layout software;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills;
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills;
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment;
- Experience with agile development and scrum methodologies;
- Strong sense of project ownership and personal responsibility;
- Familiarity with writing high performance, memory efficient, and multi-threaded code is a plus;
- Familiarity with Big Data and/or Machine Learning is a plus.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
BS or MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline OR industry related experience. 3 years experience in developing IoT infrastructure in related projects