We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work be taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. The Frontend Developer is part of an agile development team building and working on software systems on top of the MERN stack framework.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Conduct user interaction and engagement tests and develop solutions to improve engagement
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SCSS
- Good understanding of ReactJS and React Native.
- Experience working with Flux frameworks such as Redux
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles is a plus.
- Experience with WordPress is a plus.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
At least 3 years experience in developing production level frontend applications and BSc/MSc in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related field.