We are seeking a field operations manager to professionalize our field operations by, handling organization of our farms, oversee all operations taking place in the field, oversee contracted service providers and farm hands who travel to work on our catchment areas, and ensure everyone on the team is performing their responsibilities in the field. The field operations manager will use his or her understanding of industry operations and tools to guarantee the establishment and improved execution of all project timelines, maintain all the field rules and policies, handling the needs and concerns of every field staff as well as, giving support to the employees under his or her supervision.
- Participate in material planning and creation of BOM (Bill of Materials)
- Analysis and reconciliation of inventory
- Reviewing performance of farm managers and completing appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Assist with any queries raised by internal/ external auditors
- Preparing documentation and liaising with third party service partners and other government agencies for inward and outward operations.
- Management of inventory and budget adherence
- Help in hiring and training a team of field workers, evaluating and analysing their performance, and planning and managing logistics on Complete Farmer catchment areas.
- Lead teams of field workers sent to Complete Farmer’s catchment areas. That is, he/she supervises and oversees tasks of field workers, provide training programs to the workers and ensure everyone works as effectively as possible in the field.
- Duty also includes, performance monitoring, planning, analysing, and more general administrative duties to ensure that employees are working effectively and efficiently to maintain quality.
- Works with farm managers to gain feedback and upper-level management to report on findings.
- The field operations manager conducts meetings and prepares analytical reports and summaries for higher-level management.
- Travels from one catchment area of Complete Farmer to another whenever required.
- Establish, communicate, and evaluate progress towards field goals and benchmarks.
- Represent field workers to management.
- Manage budget and coordinate materials to ensure ongoing operations.
- Coordinate with Chief operations officer to develop field strategies and initiatives for the farms.
- Experience in commercial farm management (5 years)
- Strong knowledge Agronomy, crop and soil sciences
- Experienced Procurement and logistics management
- High proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Highly skill supply chain and logistics management
- Excellent organization, outstanding interpersonal and management skills
- Must be an independent thinker
- Must be highly motivated and results oriented as well as work well under pressure.
- Time management and self-motivation are also be important.
- Experience in managing and maintaining budgets as planned with the COO.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Farm management, Supply chain management, project management, Agriculture and management related sciences.